Members of the Executive Women of Lake Norman are successful business owners, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. The women involved are high caliber, well rounded leaders in their fields who are interested in building relationships with other professional women in the local area. Currently, over 50% of our active members are business owners!
The organization is diverse with established, wide ranging professional categories for membership. Each professional category is limited to two members in order to avoid saturation of one business area over another. Our unique format is designed with relationship building in mind rather than a traditional leads based networking group.
Benefits of membership include:
- Creation of personal and professional relationships
- Empowerment derived from building relationships with other high energy professional women
- Direct impact on community development by leading and participating in community functions and local charities
- Variety of meeting formats accommodate busy schedules and facilitate participation. Breakfast meetings, luncheons and evening socials all provide opportunities for participation.
- Contribute to and foster continual education through round table discussions, speaker opportunities and Board positions.
- Opportunities to promote your business through breakfast and social gathering sponsorships
- Promotion of self and business through social media: EWLKN website, Facebook & LinkedIn
- Achievement recognition: EWLKN has established 3 awards to recognize our members: Business Owner of the Year, Community Service Leader Award and The President’s Award.
We invite you to join us for one of our luncheons or socials and up to 2 breakfast meetings. See what Executive of Lake Norman has to offer you!
History of the Executive Women of Lake Norman
The Executive Women of Lake Norman was started in 2010 by a group of Lake Norman area business women who were looking for something more than the typical leads group. Frustrated by groups that focused on the 30-second commercial and the hard-sell technique they experienced in some networking environments, this group of women set out to create a unique organization that would foster relationship building, a network of support for like-minded women, and educational opportunities in all facets of a professional woman’s life. Concentrating on the quality of the membership rather than quantity, the founders invited seasoned professional business women in the area to come together to share ideas, offer support, and create solid business alliances and personal friendships. The end result is an organization of women that is anything but your typical networking group.
Today, the Executive Women of Lake Norman continues to grow and thrive through regular meetings, a strong network of professional women, educational opportunities, social gatherings, and ongoing support.